The Alliance for a Healthy Kansas is hosting a workshop for individuals interested in joining our KanCare Consumer Corps.
We welcome people from all across Kansas who are uninsured or who have struggled to find or pay for health insurance. Your experiences could help thousands of Kansans get access to affordable health care.
At this workshop, you’ll learn how to speak with legislators and the media as a health care consumer and the best way to share your experiences and health challenges.
Participants will receive travel reimbursement, lunch and a financial award for attending. Out-of-town participants will be lodged in a nearby hotel.
What You’ll Get:
- Learn how to share your story with legislators and the media
- Gain skills for giving legislative testimony
- Guidance on fine-tuning your personal story
- Travel expenses PAID!
- Mileage reimbursement for travel to training
- Paid hotel stay, breakfast and lunch
- $100 Visa gift card scholarship for attendance
When and Where:
Thursday, Aug. 29
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Exact location will be provided upon your RSVP
If you have any questions, or for more information, contact Spencer Culver at email@example.com